“25-30% of the workforce will be working-from-home multiple days a week by the end of 2021” -Kate Lister, President of Global Workplace Analytics
So… with the golden age of internet, leaders are on display in different ways that require a shift in how they communicate their personal brand.
Here are my top Personal Branding tips to navigate video conferencing whilst working from home.
1. Colour Placement: use a scarf, earings, lip colour, glasses or necklace to create an “eyes up” strategy. This will keep the focus on your eyes and mouth being your main communication portals.
2. Colour Contrast: aim for “medium” contrast – team a dark colour with a lighter colour. Aim to show this from the collar bone up. Most people can stay focused on this contrast level for extended periods of time without getting distracted.
3. Choice of colours: wear your best colours, you’ll appear awake and healthy.
4. Nails: don’t forget that we communicate with our hands.
5. Do a “check up from the neck up” – especially check your teeth after lunch.
6. Make up- if you don’t like make up try a light mineral foundation and a tinted lip balm.
7. Hair- avoid covering your eyes. Your main communication portals ie eyes and mouth will play a bigger role online.
8. Smile: always a great ice breaker
9. Lighting – try and face a natural source of light, this will make your skin look great!
Hope these tips help you showcase your personal brand!
P.S If you’d like to learn more about your personal brand, colour and style, feel free to check out out, “The Art Of Self Packaging For Success (3 Hour recording of a live workshop)” or “The Rise Of The Empowered Women (7 step quest with video’s within a closed Facebook group).